Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson

After living in England for 20 years, Bill Bryson and his family return to America. This book is a witty collection of his observances of American life with topics ranging from supermarkets to road trips. I especially liked his bit about the complicity of filing one’s taxes (seeing as I have cried over my own tax forms on more than one occasion). Check out this book if you enjoy humor writing. It’s good, clean fun. Favorite Quote: “If you informed an American that a massive asteroid was hurtling toward Earth at 125,000 miles an hour and that in twelve weeks the planet would be blown to smithereens, he would say, ‘Really? In that case I suppose I’d better sign up for that Mediterranean cooking course now.’”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home