Saturday, December 22, 2007

Kiss the Dust by Elizabeth Laird

(Young Adult) This is one of the novels on our roster for the adolescent lit. classs I'm teaching for teachers this year. It's about Kurdish refugees. (All of the books we're reading are part of a Middle Eastern text set.) Honestly, I did not care for this one. The writing style was kind of base, even for adolescent lit., and there wasn't enough of a historical background to understand the relationship between the Kurds and the Iraqis. In the end, it was the kind of story you could have placed in any war-torn country. I guess I was just hoping to learn more about the Kurds than I did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabb3rz said...

I feel the same exact way & i have to do a book report on this book! Wonderful! Huh? I am an avid reader, and I love pretty much any type of book. However this one, i didn't care for. Well I better get started on my book report.
Gabby,14-NY. =)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree completely with both of these comments. I too am an intimate reader, but this particular book not only didn't spark any interest but it had no specific details relating the Kurds and Iraqis.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi every one. I am a Kurd and want to let all of those people who asked about the relation between Kurds and Iraqies know that: Kurds are Kurdish from Kurdistan and IRAQIES are IRAQIEs from a country name IRAQ. there is no relation between Kurds and IRAQIES.....The realety is that IRAQ, IRAN, Turkey and Surya each toke a part of our land since the first world war and still don't want to give it back to Kurdish people, but Kurdish people never give up untill the day we make our land free......

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home